Windows XP restore to factory settings need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I cant seem to find the next step in restoring my dell PC with windows xp and IE8 to factory original settings by using the method they recommend by dell , it starts with toggle F8 next high light repair my computer , that's it I do not say repair any where? am I doing something wrong?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
What Dell model do you have ? Normally you need to tap F9 or F10 to access your recovery partition and from there it's pretty straight forward :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I was going to direct you to Hell's Support, however, as a season traveler I'm not finding the information you require. It's a bloody minefield. :rolleyes:

I did find, from another site, that ... hold the "Ctrl" key and then tap "F11" ... if you lucky, let us know. :)

Model & type would help us a bit more as Hell insisted on altering the method used by the state of the Luna Calender.

:user:

Reaction score
What Dell model do you have ? Normally you need to tap F9 or F10 to access your recovery partition and from there it's pretty straight forward :D

HI Evan
the model is a Dimension 3000 PC tower type

Reaction score
If doesn't help try restoring the Windows in other way, as

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Restore

type this in Run Windows and press enter. You will see an icon named as : rstrui. Click it and follow instruction to restore your system to an earlier date.

Reaction score
I was going to direct you to Hell's Support, however, as a season traveler I'm not finding the information you require. It's a bloody minefield. :rolleyes:

I did find, from another site, that ... hold the "Ctrl" key and then tap "F11" ... if you lucky, let us know. :)

Model & type would help us a bit more as Hell insisted on altering the method used by the state of the Luna Calender.

:user:
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I found a similar method on a Dell site ,F11 ,Ill have to try it , thank you for your help

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
If doesn't help try restoring the Windows in other way, as

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Restore

type this in Run Windows and press enter. You will see an icon named as : rstrui. Click it and follow instruction to restore your system to an earlier date.

Suzonka wanted a factory restore, not a system restore to last best config

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Normally you need to tap F9 or F10 to access your recovery partition and from there it's pretty straight forward

I did find, from another site, that ... hold the "Ctrl" key and then tap "F11" ...

I found a similar method on a Dell site ,F11 ,Ill have to try it , thank you for your help

Well, for that will have to use recovery options of your System or you can also use Windows Recovery Disk @Suzonka

I'd say Suzonka pretty much already knows what to do :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question