    pages of a letter or document using drop-down fields. Is there a way of
    replicating the choosen classification across all pages of a letter or
    document? We are using Word 2003.

    Guest, Nov 11, 2005

    Jay Freedman Guest

    On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:41:03 -0800, "angelaoak24"
    <> wrote:

    >We are stting up templates that must display a security classification on all
    >pages of a letter or document using drop-down fields. Is there a way of
    >replicating the choosen classification across all pages of a letter or
    >document? We are using Word 2003.

    Use a REF field as described in the "On-Line Form" part of
    http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm. Use a dropdown form
    field instead of the text form field shown there; otherwise,
    everything is the same.

    The dropdown must go in the body of the text, probably on the first
    page. The REF field, to make it repeat on every remaining page, should
    be in the header or footer. If you don't need it repeated in the
    header/footer on the first page (in addition to the dropdown in the
    body), go to File > Page Setup > Layout and check "Different first
    page".

    --
    Regards,
    Jay Freedman