removing software

Carolyn Richardson

I am running Windows XP Professional. When I want to
remove certain programs from my computer I do the
following:
1). Go into control panel
2). Go to add/remove programs
3). when I highlight the program I wish to remove and
click on "remove" I get the error message "could not open
Install.log file". It will NOT remove it!
Does anyone know what the fix is for this?

Jim Macklin

Do you have administrator rights?

"Carolyn Richardson" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
| I am running Windows XP Professional. When I want to
| remove certain programs from my computer I do the
| following:
| 1). Go into control panel
| 2). Go to add/remove programs
| 3). when I highlight the program I wish to remove and
| click on "remove" I get the error message "could not open
| Install.log file". It will NOT remove it!
| Does anyone know what the fix is for this?

Richard Urban

Install again to the same location. Then reboot and uninstall.

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)