Removing Program Buttons from the taskbar permanantly

My new laptop came loaded with junk software offers that are automatically
put in the notification area of the taskbar on the right hand side. I would
like to know how to remove all of this stuff that I do not want loading in
that area when I boot up the machine. I don't want to just hide or exit them
each time that I turn on the computer ... I want to get rid of them.

Anyone know how?

Thanks,
Diane

Jason Haynes

Look in the options or preferences for each program for a load on startup
selection.

"Removing Buttons from the taskbar" <Removing Buttons from the
news:[email protected]...

Nepatsfan

"Removing Buttons from the taskbar" <Removing Buttons from the
My new laptop came loaded with junk software offers that are
automatically put in the notification area of the taskbar on
the right hand side. I would like to know how to remove all
of this stuff that I do not want loading in that area when I
boot up the machine. I don't want to just hide or exit them
each time that I turn on the computer ... I want to get rid
of them.

Anyone know how?

Thanks,
Diane

Download and run the standalone version of this program.

Mike Lin's Startup Control Panel
http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

Here's a good reference source if you come across any entries
you're not familiar with.

Task List Programs

Good luck

Nepatsfan

This was very helpful. I used both links and cleaned up the notification
area mess. Thank you Nepatsfan.

Diane