Windows 10 How to remove Action Center following anniversary update

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the 'Action Center' which popped up in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen following the Windows 10 anniversary update. I like seeing the time and date there, so I got rid of it. Here's how to do it:

Click on the Start Menu, and select Settings (the cog). You then want to go to Personalization, and then select Taskbar on the left-hand side. Scroll down to Notification Area and select 'Turn system icons on or off'. You can then turn off the icon for the Action Center.

I haven't found a way to rearrange the system icons unfortunately, so if you want to have the Action Center it will always displace the time / date.

:user:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I didn't like the icon at first, but I have warmed to it. That said it was better before the anniversary update, much more subtle and on the left side of the clock!

I can't disable it though, I use/need it.

I haven't found a way to rearrange the system icons unfortunately, so if you want to have the Action Center it will always displace the time / date.
Can you not drag them around? I know you can with the non system icons - will have to try it when I get home. :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Can you not drag them around? I know you can with the non system icons - will have to try it when I get home. :)

Nope, tried everything I can think of! Let me know if you find a way to do it though :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Nope, tried everything I can think of! Let me know if you find a way to do it though :)

Oh yeah. Had a play yesterday, I can't move the Action Centre or clock (obviously) but I can move the system icons and running programs around, although I do only have the network and volume system icons active.

Not much help I know but its all I got! :lol:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Not much help I know but its all I got! :lol:

yt.gif

:lol:

Ah well, thanks for trying!

Ask a Question