registry error

I just reinstalled Vista home premium upgrade on my HP slimline after
restoring XP with the recovery discs, for issues that we need not enter into
here. The install went fine and everything was fine until i tried to install
Office 2007. At hte beginning of hte installation, I get registry error (I
think its error 1046), cannot write into the registry. Can someone tell me
how to resolve this. Until this is done I am without Office adn witout ms
word!

Thanks

P. Di Stolfo

Hello,

a little suggestion that may work - I'm really not sure: Can you right-click
the setup.exe file what starts installation, and choose "Run as
administrator"? Please try and see.

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
Can we please get the exact error message?
It's difficult to tell what an problem is that you may be encountering
without the exact error message.
I don't find anything for error 1046 for registry access or for Office
installation.
Most references to 1048 are language based messages ( Portuguese (Brazil))
So what languages are you using for Office and the OS?
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

|> From: =?Utf-8?B?cGFpcHBhbGFkYQ==?= <[email protected]>
|> Subject: registry error
|> Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 17:18:01 -0700
|> Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords