Access MaxLocksPerFile error Windows 10 - Access 2013

Reaction score
I have recently installed Windows 10 and Access 2013. I have a data base of about 1.5 GB after Repair and Compact.
I have recently started getting the Error Message MaxLocksPerFile exceeded. This is normally while running a query and updating fairly large files. I then also get a message "ID is not an index in this table" and it freezes. I also get another messsage "Cannot find AutoKeys". Then Access does a recovery and sometimes it is successful and sometimes not.
When I try to copy a largish table I get the message 'Table could not be opened'. I then click on the table and it opens perfectly. The problem appears to be worst when the database size grows to its maximum of about around 2GB.

1). If I look in Macros, AutoKeys is empty !
2). If I check on a working backup AutoKeys is populated.
3). Each time I get the error AutoKeys is emptied.
4). MaxLocksPerFile is not in my Registry.
5). In the Registry, I tried to go to the recommended:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINES\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Office\15\ccess Connectivity Engine\Engines\Ace
but Access Connectivity Engine etc. are not listed. I do see listed, 15\Access\Capabilities but not what I wanted.
6). A registry search also does not find "MaxLocksPerFile"
7). The best I came up with in the Registry is:
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-840246236-1569088942-1004\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Access\Access Connectivity
Engines\Engines, but again nothing else.
8). a). Why is MaxLocksPerFile not in the Registry, has it, like Autokeys been trashed. How do I reload it into the Registry.
b). If there is no "MaxLocksPerFile" entry how does it come up with the error message?
c). The system has been working well for the last 4 months and now suddenly this problem.

Does anyone have any comments and suggestions
Cheers
Dennis

Ask a Question