reducing the number of entries in my network places

Currently in the network I am accessing, there are many shared
directories/drives between various workstations (windows 95, 98, 2000, XP,
etc.) and 4 differnt servers (windows NT and windows 2000).

When I view my network places, I see all of these shared directories/drives
from the various workstations and servers. What I want to do is just see
certain directories and or drives. What can I do to reduce the clutter in
the my network places view?

Edward Letendre

Nepatsfan

You might want to try the following:

Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Folder Options.
On the Advanced page remove the check mark where it says
"Automatically search for network folders and printers".
You can then remove the clutter but keep in mind that you're
going to have to manually create any new Network Places.

Nepatsfan
"Edward Letendre" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...