Recovery console in Vista?

Dr Rolando E Creagh

Is there a recovery console in Vista? If so, How do you install it? Is the
Starup the sane thing? Can it be installed other than uses it from the disk?
Thanks

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Dr Rolando E Creagh

Thank you for the prompt response.
Among the many pages I read, is the one you advice, Yet..
"The System Recovery Options menu is on the Windows installation disc. The
menu might also be installed on your hard disk if your computer has
preinstalled recovery options."
No where it tell me how to install it, as in the all one X:\i386\winnt32.exe
/cmdcons.
I have clean installed Vista on new hard disk, rather than over XP, which
hard disk had preinstalled portions on a reserved partition, that I do not
have now. At any rate, the Console directory was always in the main
partition.
Hopefully you have further advice.
Cheers

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
Download and install the Windows AIK,
The documentation as well as the tools needed to this are included with
that.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

|> From: "Dr Rolando E Creagh" <[email protected]>
|> Subject: Re: Recovery console in Vista?
|> Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 00:10:52 -0500
|> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
|>
|> Thank you for the prompt response.
|> Among the many pages I read, is the one you advice, Yet..
|> "The System Recovery Options menu is on the Windows installation disc.
The
|> menu might also be installed on your hard disk if your computer has
|> preinstalled recovery options."
|> No where it tell me how to install it, as in the all one
X:\i386\winnt32.exe
|> /cmdcons.
|> I have clean installed Vista on new hard disk, rather than over XP,
which
|> hard disk had preinstalled portions on a reserved partition, that I do
not
|> have now. At any rate, the Console directory was always in the main
|> partition.
|> Hopefully you have further advice.
|> Cheers

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/2b3724d1-f4ad-5b26-16dc-
3e9e66f4be5e1033.mspx

|> > --
|> > Carey Frisch
|> > Microsoft MVP
|> > Windows Desktop Experience -
|> > Windows System & Performance
|> >
|> > ---------------------------------------------------------------
|> >
|> > "Dr Rolando E Creagh" wrote:
|> >
|> > Is there a recovery console in Vista? If so, How do you install it? Is
the
|> > Starup the sane thing? Can it be installed other than uses it from the
|> > disk?
|> > Thanks

Rolando E Creagh, MD FACS

From a retail Ultimate Vista DVD, which is the procedure to install such
console?
Thanks

Dr Rolando E Creagh

Thanks for the splendid information.
Should have known this before I clean installed.
I will study it carefully.
Many thanks and cheers

Dr. Creagh
Demand a Peace Conclave.

Dr Rolando E Creagh

My previous message thanking you all for the help, most have been lost
somehow.
Is important to be civil
Cheers