Recovering deleted Outlook DL

H

Henry Tan

I too deleted a name in Outlook 2007 DL but the entire DL was deleted. I followed the steps outlined by Jill B (29-)ct-08) and found it. I hightlighted the found DL and right click it, select Move to folder, and select Contacts.
The DL is restored in my cointact list.
Thanks Jill B.

Harold Helson wrote:

Distribution list is not visible in Deleted Items
09-Sep-09

There seems to be a bug in Outlook (2007). I accidentally deleted not just a distribution list, but a folder containing folders of contacts and distribution lists. There was no "are you sure?" dialog. The data is not visible in the "Deleted Items" folder (to my horror), but is *is* there. I accidentally discovered this as follows. Back in Contacts view, I right-clicked in the Contact foldesr list and chose "New Folder". Within that dialog I navigated to the Deleted Items folder, and the missing Contact Folders were there!

I haven't figured out how to restore them. Any ideas on how to make these folders visible?

Thanks in advance.
- Harold

EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
Book Review: C# 3.0 In a Nutshell [O'Reilly]
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...-966d-ab07f7bd98ce/book-review-c-30-in-a.aspx

Ask a Question