recipe template

I just created a template through microsoft word for a cookbook. I can't figure out how to add pages to the middle. Adding a page break doesn't keep the template features, it just adds a blank, white sheet.

Any suggestions??

Jezebel

What features are you expecting? Templates contain headers and footers, for
first/even/odd or all pages according to your File > Page Setup > Layout
specification; plus any content you choose to add to the body. Adding extra
pages doesn't duplicate the content.

"adding pages to recipe template" <adding pages to recipe
I just created a template through microsoft word for a cookbook. I can't
figure out how to add pages to the middle. Adding a page break doesn't keep
the template features, it just adds a blank, white sheet.

I was having the same problem with a document that I was trying to create from a template. I have a one page template that I'm trying to make into a 20-25 page document with the same formating on each page. The only advice that I get is to make the template 25+ pages by cutting and pasting the first page onto each additional page. There HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY!!!!!!

Graham Mayor

Of course there's a better way - its called paragraph styles!
You set the paragraph styles that give the document the appearance you want
and use them to format the text on the pages. In the case of the recipe
template, you set a title style for the recipe name with the included option
to start a new page. You can create sub heading styles and layouts for
ingredients and method and by using the styles as appropriate you get a
matching layout throughout the document.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

Jezebel

Graham, I think these posters are expecting each page of their document
automatically to duplicate the *content* they have set up on page one.

Charles Kenyon

http://addbalance.com/usersguide/styles.htm

A title or heading style is a "paragraph" style. It can carry the paragraph
formatting to have an automatic page break before. Paragraph styles can be
set to have another style follow them. For instance Heading 1 can be set to
be followed by Heading 2 which can be set to be followed by Body Text.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

coley said:
Ok, I'm sorry that this is so difficult for me. But Graham, could you tell
me the exact place that I find the title style and option to start a new
page. Thank you so much for helping!!