Recent problems with Outlook 2007

C

Clayton

I am having a lot of problems with Outlook 2007. Hopefully you gus can help me out.

About a week ago I installed a beta version of a firewall and it crashed my computer. I was unable to log in to my windows account, then my computer wouldn't boot at all so i did a startup repair from vista boot disk and a bunch of other stuff. Anyways, eventually I got it working.

Everything went back to normal except for one thing. When I clicked Send/Receive in Outlook or pressed F9, nothing happened. It would still send/receive as scheduled and on exiting Outlook however.

Since then I realized that somehow one of my e-mail accounts got removed from outlook and it wasn't checking the e-mail since the fiasco. So I re-set up the account, and closed and re-opened outlook, but now when i go to open outlook it says the Microsoft Office has stopped responding message, and closes its self out. I tried doing office repair but that didn't help.

First off, how can I get outlook to even open, and when I do get that much working how can I get the Send/Receive / F9 keys working?

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it!
--

C

Clayton

Is there any way for me to completely uninstall Outlook without removing the rest of Office? I have all my *.pst files backed up, which is all I need backed up if I'm not mistaken. I've tried removing and re-adding Outlook, but it just started back from where it left off - It even asked if I wanted to start in safe mode because the last time it closed unexpectedly.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could get this working? I have a feeling that the only way is completely uninstalling Outlook and re-setting it up. I just don't want to remove all of Office because I have all my notes for school in OneNote, and I don't want those to get removed.
--

B

Brian Tillman

Clayton said:
Is there any way for me to completely uninstall Outlook without
removing the rest of Office? I have all my *.pst files backed up,
which is all I need backed up if I'm not mistaken. I've tried
removing and re-adding Outlook, but it just started back from where
it left off - It even asked if I wanted to start in safe mode because
the last time it closed unexpectedly.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could get this working? I have a
feeling that the only way is completely uninstalling Outlook and
re-setting it up. I just don't want to remove all of Office because I
have all my notes for school in OneNote, and I don't want those to
get removed.

Removing and readding Outlook generally won't help. Try a new mail profile
instead.
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm

C

Clayton

I have read posts suggesting that and was going to do that, but I can't for the life of me find Mail in Control Pannel. I'm Running Windows Vista (x64). Could you give me a tip where I'd find it? Thanks
-

G

Gordon

Clayton said:
I have read posts suggesting that and was going to do that, but I can't for
the life of me find Mail in Control Pannel. I'm Running Windows Vista
(x64). Could you give me a tip where I'd find it? Thanks!

There's something about Windows 32 programs in the 64 bit Control Panel?

And please quote the post you are replying to....thank you.

Ask a Question