Received Header Info

Dave

Does anyone know where Outlook pulls the Received Date/Time stamp for
e-mails? I would assume this would come from the header information
from the e-mail message, but it doesn't match what is in the actual
e-mail header.

Dave

Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

I think it does pull it from the header and adjusts the time based on time
zone.

Dave

Vince said:
I think it does pull it from the header and adjusts the time based on time
zone.

I would agree with you, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Below is a
header from an e-mail. I have removed only addresses and left the times
in. When this message is opened in Outlook, it lists the Received time
as July 31, 2005 at 04:37.

Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 14:57:40 -0400
Subject: Re: Request
From: **************
To: **************
autolearn=ham version=2.60

Brian Tillman

Dave said:
I would agree with you, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Below is
a header from an e-mail. I have removed only addresses and left the
times in. When this message is opened in Outlook, it lists the
Received time as July 31, 2005 at 04:37.

This is on a Mac, judging from the reference to Entourage. Is the Mac's
time set correctly in all regards?

Dave

Brian said:
This is on a Mac, judging from the reference to Entourage. Is the Mac's
time set correctly in all regards?

No, this is on a PC. The message was routed through an Exchange server
that has Entourage plugins available.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

How are you collecting the mail? Outlook will use the time it gets the mail
with some servers - especially imap servers - if it doesn't find a readable
x-header.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]