Rebuilding WMI

I've been working to get a game to work on my computer (Steam's/Valve's Half
Life Two Episode One) and I have researched Steam's forum and am on to a fix.
Running msinfo32 does not work on the computer and I need to rebuild the WMI.
I am trying to do as the link below suggests (comprehensive rebuild method).
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/repairwmi.htm

Part of the fix is to run rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection WBEM 132
%windir%\inf\wbemoc.inf. I use my Windows XP Pro disc, but since I don't
have SP2 on the disc I am being told to "point to"
%Windir%\ServicePackFiles\i386. I have no idea where this is. I have deduced
it is a folder in the system directory but I don't see it (and I can look at
hidden files). Yes, I do have SP2 loaded. And once I know where these files
are how do I "point" to it? I need very specific direction on how this is
done. And there is the talk about a slipstreamed disc. What is it? How do I
create one? I think the problem with the directions us non-geek types get is
that it's based on assumed knowledge. What does "point to" mean. What is a
slipstreamed CD, where do I find it, etc., etc. Break it down for me,
please.

Thanks so much for your help.

Pennywise

Dashir said:
[...]

Slipstream was just posted above you need to combine XP and SP2

Subject: Combining Windows XP with Service Pack 2 for reinstallation
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 16:37:00 -0800
(double click on the messageID

also be sure your explore is set up to see files

Open Windows Explorer (WinKey+E), under TOOLS, open Folder Options,
then the View Tab. Change these settings:

Select Display the contents of system folders
Select Show hidden files and folders
UnSelect Hide Extensions for known file types
Unselect Hide Protected operating system files (ignore popup)

WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386 it's 500megs you can't miss it.

Pennywise

Dashir said:
Thanks, Pennywise for your help. You didn't answer all my questions

I only answer questions I'm familiar with, any thing else I'd of just
googled - and that's not right as you can do that yourself.