Windows XP re-routing port from modem to computer

Reaction score
Hello all,

I need to get a specific port redirected to my computer.

Basically i have a modem (Actiontec DSL Modem) and a wireless network (Apple Airport Express) and i need a way to redirect a specific port to my computer.

I need the port '27960' to be sent from <MODEM IP ADDRESS>:27960 to be redirected to my computer on the network <NETWORK IP ADDRESS>:27960

in this case, the modem's IP address is '*6.**4.*6.**6' and my network address is '10.0.1.6'

I'm not sure why, but my modem's IP address just changed :confused: is that normal?

this is what my modem's port forwarding page looks like:

untitled1ki.jpg

But i don't have a clue what to put in it. There is a 'simple' page with 3 boxes:

IP Port range (xxxx - xxxx)
Protocall
IP Address

i cannot get that to work either.

I am using this for online gaming. my laptop can connect to my computer's 'server' by typing in '10.0.1.6:27960' but i want people to be able to play against me over the internet.

Does anyone have any ideas?
I don't know if i have explained it well enough

thanks very much,

KGB

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
stick the modem IP and the port No in the first line and the Network IP and port range in the second and see what happens, you've probably already done this and i have no idea what im talking about but its worth a try

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
stick the modem IP and the port No in the first line and the Network IP and port range in the second and see what happens, you've probably already done this and i have no idea what im talking about but its worth a try

Thanks for the suggestion, but you are right; i have tried it :D

i may have worked out what is wrong.

Both the modem and airport express are trying to give all the computers on the network an IP address.

the apple is giving 10.0.1.XX addresses and the modem is giving out 192.168.0.XX addresses.

what my idea is, is that the modem will redirect ports to only it's ip addresses.

i will see if it is possible to disable the apple's IP addresses.

what do you think?

KGB

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i have no idea what you just said :confused:

one thing i do know is that the system should have one IP, so if there both assigning different IP's that may be the problem, can you set the IP manually for the apple to match the same one that the modem is assigning the system ?

Ask a Question