Re-Installing VB.NET application

I made changes to my VB.NET application so I need to uninstall the existing version of my app and reinstall the
new changed version. I rebuilt my solution on my development computer and uninstalled the application on
the target pc by going to add/remove programs. This works fine

But now when I go to reinstall the new version by double-clicking on setup.exe, my installer catches the launch
condition for MDAC version 2.7 or higher. I put this launch condition in my deployment project but I'm not
suppose to get this message because the target pc already has MDAC 2.7 on it. I still go and install the newest
version of MDAC, which is the 2.8. I restart my computer and try running setup one more time but I'm still getting
the same message telling me that MDAC version 2.7 or higher is needed and the setup program exits.

Does anyone know why the installer is not seeing that this requirement is satisfied

Parveen

Josh Moody [MSFT]

That's odd. Check out this reg key, and if it's lower than the min value
specified, change it to that value. Hopefully that will let you complete
your installation.

btw, edit the registry at your own risk...

DetectKey=HKLM,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DataAccess
DetectKeyVal=FullInstallVer
DetectKeyValData=2.71.9030.9

HTH

Josh Moody
Developer Division Sustained Engineering Team

originated.