    I came to updating "windows defender" it wont stop informing me with little
    yellow badge I need to update, Ive repeated updating and Ive rebooted and
    still its there... HELP PLEASE

    Guest, Mar 1, 2006

  2. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/915105/en-us

    Try the steps in this kb article to see if you can get the update installed
    properly, so that the prompt will not recur.

    Bill Sanderson, Mar 2, 2006

    I finally managed to get it updated and cease with the constant updating I
    found if you uninstall then use the windows install clean up to delete
    windows defender signatures it will work fine. thanks Bill job well done

    Guest, Mar 2, 2006
  4. Glad to hear it. Updating issues seem the bane of this program --in either
    version.

    Bill Sanderson, Mar 3, 2006

    click Start, click Run, type Msiexec /x
    {A5CC2A09-E9D3-49EC-923D-03874BBD4C2C}, and then click OK.

    Guest, Mar 7, 2006