RE: Back Again - rd two link on TOC can't find page

G

Tom:

I know how to use and convert regular text files to pdf. I just don't understand the process when images/clip art are involved. I have even searched the "HELP" files for this information, and cannot find the answer. The answers are so limited.

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Molly,

The only thing you should have to do, is open the newsletter in MS Publisher, then print it to the
Adobe Printer (PDF generator). All content within the Publisher document should automatically be
included in the finished PDF document.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

molly said:
wp:

Thank you for your reply. The reason I asked so many questions about this because I went to the
"help" files of Adobe Acrobat, and the help files are very limited in how to work with something in
Adobe. I even bought a Adobe Acrobat 6 PDF bible, and it was very limited on information. It
states in the book that converting publisher documents is more difficult to convert files from
publisher to pdf.
Tell me one more thing.............for images/clip art, I can't seem to get a clear answer on this
question......how does the conversion work with images/clipart. Once I covert the files over to pdf,
will I have to add the art/images to those documents again, or will they be converted along wtih the
text?open in the users window if they have the Adobe Reader. I suggest you include a link to the free
reader somewhere on the page. The logo and link info can be obtained from Adobe.comwhat is the next process after selecting Publisher page(s) open and go to File | Print and under
printer selection you would select Adobe PDF?

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Molly, sound like you need to re-install Adobe, so that it adds it's printer.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Molly,

The images will be embedded in the PDF document. The PDF will be a complete independent document
with all the newsletter content.

Email me your Publisher document, and I will convert it then you can see how it will look when you
do it. The only differences you may see when I do it, will be the fonts, if you have used any that I
don't have.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

molly said:
Thomas:

I need to ask this question again, once adobe converts the files what happens to the images? Does
the images get converted along with the text? Answering this question would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

T

Thomas A. Rowe

(e-mail address removed)

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Molly,

Send everything that is supposed to be in the newsletter. Publisher should have embedded the images.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

molly said:
Thomas:

I forgot to ask...do you want the images file also emailed?
how things work unless I see it in front of me. This pub has me upset because it makes me feel like
it is so limited, and can only do certain things. I would rather see the monthly newsletter come up
in acrobat when someone wants to look at it. I liked creating the subwebs, but in truth, I feel I
would really have problems with the linking in the TOC as I keep adding, and I know publishing the
monthly newsletter will continue to grow and grow. Thank you again. Also, why doesn't Adobe
Acrobat have more information on publisher conversion, but it has allot of information on other MS
Office? Would you know???

G

Thomas:

Thank you!
--
mollybigd

Thomas A. Rowe said:
Molly,

Send everything that is supposed to be in the newsletter. Publisher should have embedded the images.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

how things work unless I see it in front of me. This pub has me upset because it makes me feel like
it is so limited, and can only do certain things. I would rather see the monthly newsletter come up
in acrobat when someone wants to look at it. I liked creating the subwebs, but in truth, I feel I
would really have problems with the linking in the TOC as I keep adding, and I know publishing the
monthly newsletter will continue to grow and grow. Thank you again. Also, why doesn't Adobe
Acrobat have more information on publisher conversion, but it has allot of information on other MS
Office? Would you know???

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Molly,

The PDF is on it way back to you.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

Ask a Question