Rainbow Effect on Projections?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've been reading a bit about projectors, and it seems that some people have problems with a certain type of projector and see rainbows on the projected image?

I've not had this problem when I've seen projectors, however, it seems like a very strange phenomenon! Does anyone know anything about this at all? I think it was specific to DLP projectors.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Yes you are correct in your assumption when you say rainbow effect is associated with DLP projectors. When I was getting a multimedia projector for office use I decided on an LCD projector instead of a DLP. Some newer high end ones have less of a problem but nonetheless all DLP projectors have this inherant problem. If you need specific info on them do let me know and I will dig up some information on them.

Here is the best site for information on projectors www.projectorcentral.com

If you need more info on the basics of projectors one of the articles highlighting the two technologies is a good read which you can find here

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Quad, that last link covered exactly what I was after :)

Ask a Question