Quietness of 2.5" vs. 1.8" Notebook Drives

Folkert Rienstra

Rod Speed wrote in news:[email protected]
Sure you do, when it 's switched off.

Yeah, pity you're too clueless to do it yourself, you big hero.
No problem, I enjoyed it, as always |-)

Troll and it's little troll helper.
Aren't they a nice pair.
Watt and half watt.

Arno Wagner

Previously Tim_Mac said:
fact is... flash memory has been used successfully for a long time
before it's current mainstream introduction. but it is new to a lot
of people who don't trust it, which is also understandable. if you
are a skeptic, then wait another 5 years until you're comfortable with
it. in the meantime, let the early adopters prove you right or wrong,
either way they're doing you a favour :)

Indeed. And if you need to use flash, have a very close
look at the data of the specific product you consider.
There is still older, less durable flash on the market and
nobody published their load-leveling algorithms, so I am
distrustful of them. And the distinction between SLC and MLS
is still there, with the first being a lot more durable and
more expensive, and the second being in a lot of cheap
products.

Paging/swapping on flash is not a good idea in any
critical system, but critical systems will not use an OS
that needs it anyways. In non-critical systems, experiment
away.

Arno

John Turco

Rod said:
No problem, I enjoyed it, as always |-)

Hello, Rod:

I think that this newsgroup's resident "dour Dutchman" could use some of
your unique "Aussie persuasion," as well. <g>

Cordially,
John Turco <[email protected]>

PS: I'd mispelled "Gisin," before. :-J

John Turco

Folkert said:
Rod Speed wrote in news:[email protected]

Yeah, pity you're too clueless to do it yourself, you big hero.

Hello, Folkert:

Gisin's "place" is in the outhouse said:
Troll and it's little troll helper.
Aren't they a nice pair.
Watt and half watt.

Rather, that should be, "wit(less) and half-wit" -- a perfect description
of the Rienstra/Gisin "dynamic duo" and their torpid trolls! :p

Cordially,
John Turco <[email protected]>

Rod Speed

John Turco said:
Rod Speed wrote
<edited for brevity>
Hello, Rod:
I think that this newsgroup's resident "dour Dutchman" could
use some of your unique "Aussie persuasion," as well. <g>

I'm more into a bullet in the back of the neck
and send the bill for the bullet to the relos.
Cordially,
John Turco <[email protected]>
PS: I'd mispelled "Gisin," before. :-J

Thats what happens when you hit the turps as enthusiastically as you clearly have.

A Jap would at least have the decency to disembowel itself.

Squeeze

Rod Speed wrote in news:[email protected]
I'm more into a bullet in the back of the neck
and send the bill for the bullet to the relos.

So where can we send your bill to then, Rod?
Thats what happens when you hit the turps as enthusiastically as you clearly
have.
A Jap would at least have the decency to
disembowel

Ehrm, what's the point when you're already *gutless*, like Turco boy here.