Daniel Feiler

Hi,
I do everyone know a way to enable the QuickLaunch for all new Users by
default?

Thanks
Daniel

D

David Candy

Are you sure that file is meant to be used unedited. It specifies a value name of TaskbarWinXP but there is only a taskbar by default. Also explorer makes no attempt to read TaskbarWinXP on startup while it does read just taskbar. It also is coded for the WinNT\Profiles folder, though I presume this is the sort order only (as it works if changed to taskbar loosing sorting) perhaps the author was using an upgraded machine from NT4 (do you upgrade rather than clean install at MS?) or looks down his/her nose at 9x conventions.

Still nitpicking the line ending are wrong. the comma. Should be
,\<cr/lf>
not
<cr/lf>,

You'll find it exceeds notepads ability to put on one line.

What would be very helpful is if you published the Structure for it.

C

Chad Roush

How do I get a copy of the text file you are referring to?

Thanks,

Chad Roush

D

David Candy

It's attached to his post. news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize

To that particular post
news://msnews.microsoft.com/[email protected] using MS servers

to use your default news server, if it has it.

D

David Candy

If you post through the web interface then some people won't assist you as you are making life extremely hard for the helpers as well as yourself.

--
----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.g2mil.com/Dec2003.htm
It's attached to his post. news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize

To that particular post
news://msnews.microsoft.com/[email protected] using MS servers

to use your default news server, if it has it.

Ask a Question