Quick Launch Bar dissappeared

Antastic

my quick launch bar has dissappeared and it wont let me
creat a new toolbar error message "cannot creat toolbar"
appears i havnt deleated the quicklauch folder its the
for all users on my computer, it is checked in taskbar
properties to appear but it still doesnt any ideas??

cheers

Scott

I have a post about the same thing on the next page under
the subject "Taskbar Toolbars - Quick Launch". There are
a number of tips there that haven't helped me so far, but
something might help you out.

Eddie

Go to start,all progams,accessories, system tools, system
restore, then click restore my computer to previous date
click on a date you remember the quick launch bar being
there.(bold dates are best to choose) when restored
problem should be fixed>-----Original Message-----

JDE

I'll add a slight twist to your problem Antastic: I have the option of
displaying mine, but everytime I reboot, the system default back to NO
quick launch bar. I have to activate it every time...what gives???
J.

Tx2

Go to start,all progams,accessories, system tools, system
restore, then click restore my computer to previous date
click on a date you remember the quick launch bar being
there.(bold dates are best to choose) when restored
problem should be fixed

Yeah right, along with all the other changes you've made since.

Only use system restore as a last chance saloon, or turn this safe
harbour for viruses and malware off altogether.

Don't you people use Google?

The answer, so far as i can see, is documented enough times.
But to help you out ...

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/TaskbarRepairToolPlus!.zip

Tx2 - I've been in direct contact with Kelly and there's no known solution to this issue. Wanna try again?

David Candy

I'm sorry, we don't have any dummies for you to spit. Do YOU want to try again?

Tx2

I'm sorry, we don't have any dummies for you to spit. Do YOU want to try again?

I was offering a sensible solution, *offered* by a well known MVP,
*found* via Google, as an alternative to using System Restore, IMO, a
safety net with a big hole in it as it will undo a multitude of system
changes, some of which may be undesired.

Take it or leave it sunshine .... i choose to help, i'm not obliged.

Idiot comments earn you no respect. MVP or not.

Tx2

Tx2 - I've been in direct contact with Kelly and there's no known solution to this issue. Wanna try again?

Really? .... then Kelly's own tool either needs to be removed so she
doesn't charge people $5 for something that doesn't work, or she needs
to sort out the broken functionality of the utility she is offering via
her web site.

The information given via her site suggested quite positively that a fix
was in place. Until that route was tried, no-one could know if this
utility would work or not.

There's a *lot* of information relating to this issue via Google; no-one
had suggested using Google as a tool for assistance.

System Restore, as i suggested, is the last route i'd go down as it will
undo a multitude of changes, some of which may be undesired.

I'd search for, and use, specific fixes aimed at the problem in the
first instance.

If you don't consider that sensible advice, we have nothing left to
discuss.

Gary Lapalombara

Thanks, but this does not fix the problem lots of us are
experiencing. The Quick Launch folder is not missing,
its there still yet we get an error when we try and
create the Quick Launch taskbar.

David Candy

You were slagging someone off. It's not about google or SR but about your attitude. If you have attitude then you MUST be right, which you aren't in this case.

Tx2

You were slagging someone off. It's not about google or
SR but about your attitude.

If you have attitude then you MUST be right, which you
aren't in this case.

I wasn't "slagging" anyone off, merely stating what would happen if
System Restore were to be used, and that more favourable methods might
be considered first, namely using Google as a research tool which no-one
seemed to have suggested.

I recommended a tool i found using Google. If it doesn't work, then i
can hardly be held accountable for that. Idiots would suggest otherwise.

So far as my "attitude" is concerned, if you find it a problem, you know
the course of action to take? I suggest you do it.

If i've no more dummies to spit, then you surely have lost your teddy
because you are most certainly acting like a child who has done so?

Grow up David, and fix your top posting nonsense.