Windows XP Quick launch buttons and other icons

Reaction score
Can someone please help me? I have a couple of problems. I downloaded FireFox 2 and after doing so I deleted the quick launch button that was in the bottom task bar, I thought that I needed a new button since the other one was for FF1.5, well anyway, I can not get another quick launch button in the task bar, can anyone please tell how to do this?
My second question is, when I downloaded the new FF I got 3 logo's on my desktop, not one of them opens FF by the way, they are all copies and I can not get them off of the desktop. I'm pretty sure I need one of them but I don't know what to do with 3 that don't open anything! The only thing that it says is where do you want t send a copy? And of course I deleted the original one that opened FF!!!
Does anyone know how to get the extra 2 off? By the way, if I am lucky enough to get a quick launch button in the task bar is that going to open FF or will it just be a copy to look at also?
I would really appreciate any help as obviously I don't know what I'm doing!!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
this will only work if FF is installed in the default location

right click on your desktop then go > new > shortcut

a window should pop up asking for the path, paste in the following

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

call the shortcut what you want and click ok, you should have a working link for FF on your desktop

to put it in the quick launch bar click and drag it into the quick launch bar and you should be done

as for all the other icons, just highlight and delete them

Reaction score
Icon Help

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Worked just fine now I can put a couple more quick launch buttons on that I wanted! As for the other icons that I couldn't get deleted; by the time I got back to the desktop they were gone! I really appreciate the help, and your signature gave me my laugh for the day!!

Ask a Question