Windows Vista Vista Quick Launch

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Perhaps I'm just an idiot (don't answer that please :p), but I didn't actually realise what the quicklaunch bar did until today :lol:

Of course, I knew that I could drag icons down there and launch them - but I didn't realise that I could use a hotkey based on the icon location.

For example if you have IE as icon 1, Outlook as icon 2 and Media Player as icon 3 these correspond to they launch key. For example, pressing the Windows Key + 1 would launch IE and so on.

Now that is much more useful :) Was it able to do this in Windows XP too?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh well, it only took me 13 years to figure this one out :lol: I suspected that might have been that case :bow:

Electronics & Photo Fan

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Doesn't work for me in XP. Windows Key + 1, 2 ,3 does nothing. Do you have to set it up?
The first icon is Show Desktop, the second Nero, the third Media Player, but nothing happens.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Electronics & Photo Fan said:
Doesn't work for me in XP. Windows Key + 1, 2 ,3 does nothing. Do you have to set it up?
The first icon is Show Desktop, the second Nero, the third Media Player, but nothing happens.
ah, now then, sorry ... :blush:

oops

Ask a Question