    How can one have both Win2k and WinXP coexist on the same PC? Does Windows
    automatically create a dual-boot loader menu? Or do I have to resort to
    using LILO or GRUB?

    Kevin, Nov 29, 2005

  2. Kevin

    Dave Patrick Guest

    Won't be an issue. Install oldest OS first, newest OS last. The ntloader
    will work for both OS's

    --

    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Kevin" wrote:
    | QUERY: coexist win2k & winxp together
    |

    | I want to install Windows 2000 Advanced Server & Windows XP SP2
    (steamlined)
    | onto my 120GB HD.
    |
    | I know that if I install Win2k first, then WinXP 2nd, then WinXP
    bootloader
    | will take over (overtake) Win2k bootloader. If I install WinXP first, then
    | Win2k, then Win2k bootloader will take over (overtake) WinXP bootloader.
    Am

    Dave Patrick, Dec 10, 2005

  3. Kevin

    RATTLESNAKE Guest

    If you want a good graphical Boot Loader Google search for XOSL (Extended
    Operating System Loader) You can decide what os to boot from the interface
    and setup partition hiding etc.

    To go this route you need to be familiar with partitions.

    RATTLESNAKE, Jan 27, 2006