Publishing to Web

NashvilleDan

When publishing a Powerpoint presentation as .htm my
bullets which were diamonds become the letter "u". Why?
Can I prevent this?

Kathy J

Dan,
What version of PowerPoint? Were your bullets text or pictures? If they were
text, were they an unusual font? Is the presentation somewhere on the web
that we can look at the HTM, etc.?

(Lots of questions, I know. But the more we know the better we can help.)

--
Kathryn Jacobs, Microsoft MVP PowerPoint and OneNote
Author of Kathy Jacobs on PowerPoint - Available now from Holy Macro! Books

I believe life is meant to be lived. But:
if we live without making a difference, it makes no difference that we lived

NashvilleDan

They were just plain old bullets included in the
PowerPoint presentation. These were solid red diamonds.
I had done this a few months before and the same thing
happened to me.

This particular presentation is one that I did not
create. I simply saved it as .htm and uploaded it to the
web. You can see it at
http://sss.mc.vanderbilt.edu/sp_patletter

Notice that the little "u"'s in front of each paragraph
are supposed to be diamonds...

THANKS!!

Dan

Michael Koerner

Plain old bullets in your example were generated in the font Monotype Sorts as
">u<" which if the font is installed, should give you your red diamond shape.
You might consider changing your bullets to a more common font like Symbols.

--
<>Please post all follow-up questions/replies to the newsgroup<>
<><>Email unless specifically requested will not be opened<><>

They were just plain old bullets included in the
PowerPoint presentation. These were solid red diamonds.
I had done this a few months before and the same thing
happened to me.

This particular presentation is one that I did not
create. I simply saved it as .htm and uploaded it to the
web. You can see it at
http://sss.mc.vanderbilt.edu/sp_patletter

Notice that the little "u"'s in front of each paragraph
are supposed to be diamonds...

THANKS!!

Dan

Kathy J

Thanks Michael - that's what I thought was going on when I posted the
questions. You beat me to the answers, as usual :)

--

Michael Koerner said:
[...]

.

Michael Koerner

Not beat, just here sooner <g>

Michael Koerner said:
[...]

Thanks, Michael and Kathy!

Does this mean that in Powerpoint one can set the Font
for Bullets independently from the Text font? If so, how?

NashvilleDan

Using said:
<><><>Do Not Post Attachments In This
Newsgroup said:
Michael Koerner [MS PPT MVP]

[...]

View | Master | Slide Master | Select the level where you want to change the
bullet format | Click Format Bullet and numbering | Customize | Select what
symbol you want to use, what color, etc then close the Slide Master. If you want
to use this format again, save your changes as a Template file (.pot)

--

Using said:
<><><>Do Not Post Attachments In This
Michael Koerner [MS PPT MVP]