Programs Won't Run under Standard User Accounts

T

TexasJack

Hello all.  Vista Standard User accounts are giving me fits.On my daughter's computer, I am set up with an admin account and my daughter is set up as a Standard User.  I have problem running certain programs under my daughter's Standard Account, such as Incredimail and just playing DVDs.  If I run IM, I get a message that IM is not fully installed and that I must reboot. I reboot and get the same message.  I try to play a DVD and I get the message about adjusting the display resolution.  However if I run these things with my admin account, they work fine.Her computer was running XP and everything was fine.  I switched to Vista to take advantage of the Parental Controls and started having these problems.  If I change my daughter's account to an admin account, everything works again.  I have another daughter running Vista (from the factory) and I'm having similar problems.The only thing maybe unusual is that in both computers, my daughter's were originally the only account (admin of course) and then I added my admin account and changed theirs to Standard User accounts.Anybody seen this before?  I've googled but haven't found anything on it.  Thanks.

Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

F

f/fgeorge

This IS a problem with Vista and MS knows about it. I have the same
problem with Office 2007!!! It is i nthe way the program permissions
are given when it is first loaded and the fact that some programs are
not totally Vista compleant. Although you would think Office would not
be affected!!

Ask a Question