Programs wont load. HELP!

G

Hi

Ok so this just happened yesterday. My computer froze up so I restarted it, and now whenever i double click on an icon for a program, it will read

Windows cannot find 'program.whatever'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click search

Now I know the programs are still there, because when I explore my hard drive they're ALL still there, its like Windows isnt looking in the right place. Even shortcuts or clicking on the program directly comes up with the same thing. I did find something however. When i go to the command prompt and type in the program name from there, It will load the program with complete ease. But the thing is i really dont want to have to run the command prompt to be able to load other programs. Take into mind that this program effects every program icon I try to click on. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

B

Brian

Re-create all shortcuts. This WILL solve your issue.

Brian
-----Original Message-----
Hi,

Ok so this just happened yesterday. My computer froze
up so I restarted it, and now whenever i double click on
an icon for a program, it will read:
Windows cannot find 'program.whatever'. Make sure you
typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search
for a file, click the start button, and then click search.
Now I know the programs are still there, because when I
explore my hard drive they're ALL still there, its like
Windows isnt looking in the right place. Even shortcuts
or clicking on the program directly comes up with the
same thing. I did find something however. When i go to
the command prompt and type in the program name from
there, It will load the program with complete ease. But
the thing is i really dont want to have to run the
command prompt to be able to load other programs. Take
into mind that this program effects every program icon I
try to click on. Any suggestions will be greatly
appreciated! Thanks!

G

Sorry, no dice

When i tried to create a new shortcut, the error message came up again said it couldn't find rundll32.exe so try again and whatnot....

Ask a Question