Program to print multiple copies of an image per page

Daniel Prince

Is there a freeware or inexpensive shareware program that will print
multiple copies of an image on each piece of paper. I have a
picture that I want to print ten, wallet-sized images on each page.

I use Windows XP SP2. I do not want a Windows 3.x program because I
have many files and directories with long filenames. Thank you in
advance for all replies.

Ed Ruf

Is there a freeware or inexpensive shareware program that will print
multiple copies of an image on each piece of paper. I have a
picture that I want to print ten, wallet-sized images on each page.

I use Windows XP SP2. I do not want a Windows 3.x program because I
have many files and directories with long filenames. Thank you in
advance for all replies.

The best printing tool around Qimage. Give the demo a try.
http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage

dfrog

--
I have found several good doctors. I just have not been able
to figure out how to climb through my TV screen to go to them.

Newsgroups

Daniel,
take a look at:-
Iomega Photo Printer and Arcsoft Photo Printer - both do what you want - a
Google search should find them.
dfrog

Mark Warner

Daniel said:
Is there a freeware or inexpensive shareware program that will print
multiple copies of an image on each piece of paper. I have a
picture that I want to print ten, wallet-sized images on each page.

I use Windows XP SP2. I do not want a Windows 3.x program because I
have many files and directories with long filenames. Thank you in
advance for all replies.

If you already have M$ Word, the Avery Wizard software will create Word
documents for printing on various Avery products. In your case, using
the template for business cards or something similar and actually
printing on photo paper might work.

Alternatively, Irfanview has a "contact sheet" function that might do
the trick for you. From the Help file:

http://avery.com/us/Main?action=software.AverySoftwareDetail&catalogcode=WEB01&softwarecode=3201

"Create contact sheet from selected thumbs: allows you to create a large
image (contact sheet or catalog) with all selected thumbs (files). A
dialog appears and you can choose the options for the result image."

http://www.irfanview.com/

HTH

measekite

Most likely you already have the software. It is called Microsoft
work. Here is how to use it.

Create a document

Create a label with the appropriate number of labels on the sheet.

Insert the jpg into a Label

Copy that to all of the other Labels

Print.

Bruce

Is there a freeware or inexpensive shareware program that will print
multiple copies of an image on each piece of paper. I have a
picture that I want to print ten, wallet-sized images on each page.

I use Windows XP SP2. I do not want a Windows 3.x program because I
have many files and directories with long filenames. Thank you in
advance for all replies.

A similar question was asked here:

<[email protected]>

Sicerley,
Bruce

Susan Bugher

take a look at:-
Iomega Photo Printer and Arcsoft Photo Printer - both do what you want - a
Google search should find them.

Second those recommendations - especially the Iomega app.

Program: Iomega Photo Printer
Author: Iomega
Ware: Freeware
http://www.netoffices.com/articles/software/iomegaphoto.htm
(has a nice explantion and a download link)

http://www.iomega.com/software/listing/_archive.html
http://download.iomega.com/english/photoprinter72web.exe
v 1.0 (1089 KB)

JPG and BMP formats only. This is a *very* easy program to use. Drag and drop - WYSIWYG - you can
overlap photos to make a collage. Browses folders recursively.

Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP

limitations:

Will only show all images on NTFS partitions. A work-around is to mount a *virtual* folder such as:

Program: MountVD
Author: Walker Brothers
Ware: (Freeware)
http://www.lando.co.za/walkerbrothers/

FAT32 partitions - does not recognize/show folders that have these attributes set: system folders,
read-only folders, hidden folders.

---------

Program: ArcSoft PhotoPrinterLE (PhotoPrinterLE)
Author: ArcSoft
Ware: (Liteware)
http://web.archive.org/web/20010201155700/arcsoft.com/downloadsfree.html

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://groups.google.no/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

Susan Bugher

Author: Iomega
Ware: Freeware
http://www.netoffices.com/articles/software/iomegaphoto.htm
(has a nice explantion and a download link)

http://www.iomega.com/software/listing/_archive.html
http://download.iomega.com/english/photoprinter72web.exe
v 1.0 (1089 KB)

ACK! should have checked the links *before* I posted. :(

The download link above is good - the other links seem to need revision.

Author: Walker Brothers
Ware: (Freeware)
http://www.lando.co.za/walkerbrothers/

redirects to new URL: http://www.walkerbrotherssa.com/

Author: ArcSoft
Ware: (Liteware)
http://web.archive.org/web/20010201155700/arcsoft.com/downloadsfree.html

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://groups.google.no/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

Greg Eshleman

Its built into WinXp
Right click photo
Open with windows picture and fax wizard
clcik on the printer icon
go through the wizard

dfrog

Greg,
knockout !!
thanks for that snippit - it was something I didn't know about, along no
doubt with many others

dfrog

Dan Boyd

GEO said:
<snip>

Good source. Thanks.

Geo

You can do this through Windows Explorer as long as you want multiple copies of the same photo. Just navigate to the folder that contains the photo and right click on it, choose print from the popup menu and a print wizard will open. The rest is fairly easy to sort out. HTH

Dan

mike

Daniel said:
Is there a freeware or inexpensive shareware program that will print
multiple copies of an image on each piece of paper. I have a
picture that I want to print ten, wallet-sized images on each page.

I use Windows XP SP2. I do not want a Windows 3.x program because I
have many files and directories with long filenames. Thank you in
advance for all replies.

fineprint will print anything with 1,2,4,8 pages per page.
older versions were free.
mike

..
Wanted 12" LCD for Compaq Armada 7770MT.
MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK

Chief Suspect

==============

I've been using Iomega's Photo Printer for years .. about 1.5 Megs.
You may have to Google for it.

Chief Suspect

Chief Suspect <chief said:
==============

I've been using Iomega's Photo Printer for years .. about 1.5 Megs.
You may have to Google for it.
---------

More about Iomega Photo Printer: I just wanted to make sure the program
was still working. Should have done that before I started advising. It
does still work. HOWEVER, in the self-executable form found online for
download, Windows XP SP-2 users may have a problem with the install
process freezing and going nowhere. In which case, WinRAR will READ
the original .EXE install program and reveal the internal files .. so
you need only to save those internal files to a convenient folder and
later execute the SETUP.EXE file. It installs fine in this manner.

Download here:

http://download.iomega.com/english/photoprinter72web.exe

satoshi

the original .EXE install program and reveal the internal files .. so
you need only to save those internal files to a convenient folder and
later execute the SETUP.EXE file. It installs fine in this manner.

Could you please be more specific? What are "internal files"? For
newbies, it is not possible to tell Internal vs. external files. The above
paragraph is not clear.

Actually, I installed the file. No problem without using WinRar. When I
tried to print a page with 30 identical images, my XP-SP2 computer froze.
Rebooted and tried again. This time I made the print but it took a looong
time for "collecting data" prior to printing. I am not inclined to use
this Iomega program. I like to use the XP-internal printer program.
This program worked like charm.

Satoshi

Chief Suspect

Could you please be more specific? What are "internal files"? For
newbies, it is not possible to tell Internal vs. external files. The above
paragraph is not clear.

Actually, I installed the file. No problem without using WinRar. When I
tried to print a page with 30 identical images, my XP-SP2 computer froze.
Rebooted and tried again. This time I made the print but it took a looong
time for "collecting data" prior to printing. I am not inclined to use
this Iomega program. I like to use the XP-internal printer program.
This program worked like charm.

Satoshi
===================================

The original file as downloaded is a single-file installation setup. It
really is a self-executable compilation of several files, including a
SETUP.EXE file and other needed data files. Good, that you got it to
install from the original without having to resort to extracting the
separate internal files with WinRAR, such as I had to do.

But .. now that you do have the program, it seems that you did not read
the instructions. The program took "a long time gathering data" because
you (maybe inadvertantly) chose the option of "high-resolution" pictures
instead of thumbnails. You wanted 30 pix on one page. I tried the
same, using "Thumbnail" option of the middle size in a "Landscape"
setting. My options gained more photos on the page than your 30, but the
result was accomplished nearly instantly, and they printed out
beautifully.

Now, on the other hand, if I should have chosen the "High Resolution"
option, instead of "Thumbnail", the FULL pixel dimensions would have
been read, making for an absurdly large file, although the printed
result out of my printer would have been the same as the Thumbnail.
The High Resolution option is used for computer use. The result in
that case would allow magnification of the page onscreen to HUGE
proportions allowing each picture to be viewed up to the original
pixel size of the picture file. You would then have to "PAN" around
to see each picture. This is the likely reason your attempt took so
long. I make use of the Hi-Res option to make a finished PDF file of
pictures that can be magnified as described above. Stick with the
Thumbnail option, and the pictures will remain in Thumbnail size only.
Trying to magnify them will result in grainy and grainier views, but
making such a file will be very much quicker.

Satoshi

Yes. I did not read the manual. Most of computer programs can be
executed by common sense, I mean intuitively.
That's what happened. I even did not bother the thumbnail tab, thinking
that thumbnail will produce tiny pictures.
I will try again according to what you have written here.
Thanks for your information. Satoshi