Problems with Windows Update

stork

Hi Peeps,
I'm in real need of some help!
I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium and have been having problems with
Windows Update. Its failing 11 Updates altogether and the culprit appears to
be:
Update for Windows Vista (KB942763)
The error code given is: 80004005
All error codes for the remaining updates are: 800F0826
This has been going on for over 3 months now and it's really starting to
annoy me, the only updates that succeed are Defender and Office.
I also get a Windows Modules Installer error reading:
WINDOWS_WCP_AI_FAILURE2
could this be the reason behind it all? Looking at the Problem Report it
appears to have occured since i first started getting Update failures and has
continued ever since.
Hope this was not too long winded, but any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks
Stork

BillD

stork said:
Hi Peeps,
I'm in real need of some help!
I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium and have been having problems with
Windows Update. Its failing 11 Updates altogether and the culprit appears to
be:
Update for Windows Vista (KB942763)
The error code given is: 80004005
All error codes for the remaining updates are: 800F0826
This has been going on for over 3 months now and it's really starting to
annoy me, the only updates that succeed are Defender and Office.
I also get a Windows Modules Installer error reading:
WINDOWS_WCP_AI_FAILURE2

stop using any pirated copy of Vista. Buy an original copy of Vista and all
your problems will disappear.

stork

BillD, I can assure you that my copy of Windows Vista is Genuine as it came
Pre-Installed on my HP laptop from Comet (one of the biggest electrical
retailers in the UK), but thanks for your concern.

"stork" wrote in message
BillD, I can assure you that my copy of Windows Vista is Genuine as it
came
Pre-Installed on my HP laptop from Comet (one of the biggest electrical
retailers in the UK), but thanks for your concern.

Sometimes updates "fail" simply because you already have the current files,
such as printer driver updates after installing the latest printer drivers.
In the case of "Update for Windows Vista (KB942763)", it's an update for
time zones/daylight savings time. I'm betting you already have the current
files.

You can hide that one, close everything, restart the computer, and go back
to see if the other updates will install one by one. If they do, restart
between each one, just in case.

stork

Thanks Peeps for your replies (apart from BillD who wrongly accused me of
being a thief!!!!).
It turns out that the root of my problems was the Comodo Firewall v3, which
i have now uninstalled and all the updates have installed themselves. I found
this out by browsing this discussion board, so i'd definitely return if i
encounter any other troubles. There is a new version of Comodo that claims to
fix this problem so i'll give that a whirl.
Thanks once again
Stork

ALVARO DE CASTRO VASCONCELLOS

when the windows update you are running and have been having problems. you
are running another way.
you go to windows update site and look for KB............. that you need.
make update manual.
all windows vista have this problem