problems with farcry

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
i went and bought farcry, as i heard positive things about it here.
and now i have a problem already.
in the configuration window it recongnizes my machine as a Very High performace. then when i go to the advance section of the video options and select auto optimize (something like that) its sets everything to low (lighting, texture, water quality, etc). And when i change it to a diffrent setting like medium , the lighting get thrown way off (everything is un-naturally dark or bright) and then my screen get these crazy horizontal lines running across the screen and i have to restart. If i change it to high, i get kicked out when the level loads.... Any answers?

i set my resoulution to 800x600

important computer specs as followed:
AMD 3500+ (939)
Geforce 6800GT
1024MB mem DDR 400 (kingston)

Misc:
80Gig Seagate harddrive
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
420W PSU

Reaction score
i had to get drivers so it would work with my 6600GT, it would only let me play in low settings,
"1.31 patch" fixed all of it :)

and for my 5900 i had to revert to 56.72 dets because everything was foggy

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Just update farcry to the latest patch, which is 1.32. But there isnt a patch thats does it from the current version to 1.32. You have to get 1.30, 1.31 and then 1.32 :/.

Edit: With your spec you should be able to play with all settings Very High, 1024x768 resolution and have anti analising on.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
Just update farcry to the latest patch, which is 1.32. But there isnt a patch thats does it from the current version to 1.32. You have to get 1.30, 1.31 and then 1.32 :/.

Edit: With your spec you should be able to play with all settings Very High, 1024x768 resolution and have anti analising on.

I was having the same problem with my 6600gt, cheers reef, will try that

Ask a Question