Excel Problems with Excel in Vista

Reaction score
I have just installed Vista on 4 computers in my workplace. When I had XP I had a shared Excel file in Excel 2007 that others in the office would open as a read only file, while it was being edited by the main user. Now, with Vista installed, I open excel and try to open the file on another computer. You can see on the bottom of the screen where it is trying to open the file and it freezes up Excel. Any ideas what may be causing this.

Reaction score
maybe you filled your computer, lemme see my excel 2007, yep works perfecto.

Merged again. - V_R

cap

Reaction score
my problem is that i can't open an excel file on my pc. Though I got the error message as in the quote below but painfully I can't even open excel 2007 at all so as to do as instructed below. Please any idea how I might resolve this? Urgent response is needed. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porthale
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
1. In Microsoft Office Excel 2007, click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Excel Options.
2. Click Advanced, and then click to clear the Ignore other applications check box in the General area.
3. Click OK.
1. In Microsoft Office Excel 2003 or earlier versions of Excel click Options, on the Tools menu.
2. Click the General tab.
3. Click to clear the Ignore other applications check box, and then click OK.
After you do this, you should be able to open workbooks by double-clicking them in Windows Explorer.
Hi - I'm new - I'm getting this problem but the file won't open - I also checked your solution and the flag is already clear - any suggestions are welcome please.

Ask a Question