Problems with card detection.

Reaction score
I'm currently having issues installing a new graphics card (Radeon Sapphire 9250) onto my computer.

I've disabled the on-board graphics card on my motherboard (micro star) and the changes appear to have taken effect as I am writing this, my computer is in horribly low resolution. Thus I assume it is unsupproted.

I've slotted the card into the AGP slot (and it is a card designed to go there) and nothing, when i plug my dispaly cable into the card i get "no video signal" on my monitor. Worse still ,when i run windows the card is not even detected.

The card is brand new so I assume no damage has been done to it, if so, worst luck to me, is there antyhing I am doing wrong? I've tried to refit and take out the card a number of times now i case it was loosely fitted and nothing seems to happen.

Reaction score
Did you run the driver utility that you recieved with the card?Usually these drivers are equipped to detect the card they are designed for.If the video driver utility cannot detect the card I would say there is something wrong with the settings in the bios.Furthermore after this driver is installed I believe your system will be able to detect the card after that.However I do find it strange that your system does not see this card.It is almost like a switch is in the wrong position or some pinning has to be done to the board.You will most likely need to get more info on your system.

Last edited:

Ask a Question