Problem Deleting MP4 File

Bobby Jones

From time to time I download a short MP4 clip, then, after viewing, I delete
it. I have one I've been trying to delete, but receive message that 'access
is denied' and to make sure 'disk is not full or write protected.' Not sure
what disk the system is referring to, but my hard drive is not full, there's
nothing in my recycle bin and this MP4 file is only 49,323KB. I just want to
delete it. Thanks.

Bruce Hagen

Bobby Jones said:
From time to time I download a short MP4 clip, then, after viewing, I
delete
it. I have one I've been trying to delete, but receive message that
'access
is denied' and to make sure 'disk is not full or write protected.' Not
sure
what disk the system is referring to, but my hard drive is not full,
there's
nothing in my recycle bin and this MP4 file is only 49,323KB. I just want
delete it. Thanks.

Give this a shot.

Unlocker:
http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

Leonard Grey

In addition to Bruce's good advice, you might try deleting it from Safe
Mode.

Olórin

More than likely, yes. Is *your* calculation correct?

49,323KB/1,024 = 48.2MB

or 0.047GB

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes, errare humanum est and all that.

Olórin (NGs now blocked at work, rrr)

More than likely, yes. Is *your* calculation correct?

49,323KB/1,024 = 48.2MB

or 0.047GB

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes, errare humanum est and all that.

Olórin

Oops, take it back, it was OE-Quotefix that was causing problems.

"Olórin (NGs now blocked at work, rrr)" <Olórin (NGs now blocked at work,
rrr)@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Unknown

Ooops! One of those days.
Olórin said:
More than likely, yes. Is *your* calculation correct?

49,323KB/1,024 = 48.2MB

or 0.047GB

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes, errare humanum est and all that.

Tim Meddick

In addition to other very good advice given here on this topic, I would just like to
note that as a first step to releasing "locked" files for deletion, quite often just
rebooting (or even logging off /back on again) will do the trick...

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :)