Power Point Viewer

G

I installed Power Point Viewer 2003 but I can't get it to open a document.
It says I need to set associations in control panel. I tried to do that but
it isn't listed as one of my choices. Is there a way I can still view
power point documents?

M

mikeyhsd

have you tried to set associations by right click on pps doc, select open with and then Choose Default Program and selecting the PPV 2003 as default, apply, and ok out.

(e-mail address removed)

power point documents?

R

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Are you trying to open a .PPS/PPT file directly from Windows Mail, by chance? More details would help.

--
Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

power point documents?

D

Doris Day - MVP

MarianH said:
It says I need to set associations in control panel. I tried to do that
but
power point documents?

Sure, install Open Office. It's free and will let you view power point
documents, along with DOC and XLS files.

Love and Kisses,
Doris

G

Doris Day - MVP said:

Love and Kisses,
Doris

--
My Microsoft Hero (he loves this company!) ... http://tinyurl.com/yp9cn2
Get SP3 for XP here! .... http://tinyurl.com/374p49
Title Says It All ... http://tinyurl.com/2ssodl

If you go to the Microsoft download page for Power Point Viewer 2003 it will instruct you that you need to download other software in order for the PPV 2003 to work properly. You can also download the PPV 2007, which will work just fine by itself. I did not have to change associations or permissions in any way. Of course, this is based upon my own personal experiences only. As a matter of fact, I would rate myself as a novice computer user although I have been using computers for 25 years. I don't have the knowledge of the MVPs but I can tell you that I have had no problems downloading and using the PPV 2003 and PPV 2007. I am using a Dell E-521 (came with Home Premium 32 BIT) with an AMD 64x2 4200+ processor, ATI Radeon x1300 Pro graphics card, 4GB of dual channel DDR2 SDRAM and a 320 GB Serial ATA 2 hard drive. The operating system is Vista Ultimate 32 BIT. I have also tried PPV 2003 and PPV 2007 on the Home Premium 32 BIT OS with no problems. This combination of hardware gives
me a rating of 4.2 and it works just fine for me. Nothing special or high-end about it but it is all I need for what I do. I have found that if you do not load incompatible software or install incompatible hardware on the Vista OS you will have very few problems. I also realized, before purchasing the new OS, that glitches and bugs are to be expected until the release of the first Service Pack. I am more than willing to put up with these drawbacks in order to use Vista now. Also, before I install anything on my Vista OS I seek the advice of knowledgeable people and research the issue completely. I don't make changes to associations or permissions, and I don't edit the registry, unless and until I have the knowledge to do so. I think this is the reason I have had no problems with my Vista operating systems. So, in closing, I would like to thank everyone who has provided me with the correct and necessary information pertinent to Vista.

G

Doris Day - MVP said:

Love and Kisses,
Doris

Ask a Question