Popcap authenticity etc

Reaction score
:D Hi there!
Please could someone help me out here!
My son wishes to buy a cd game from www.popcap.com on the internet (obvious, doh) - Ok, but even though he has played free demo games from this site (many times) does anybody know if they are okay regarding honoring agreements and delivering the goods (on time, as well!)
Ok that's it for now - speak to you all later.
Bye ;)
icon14.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I won't order anything from an online site if I cannot find their address AND phone number. :D ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I don't have any experience of that particular site, but it is perhaps worth mentioning that the only two software packages I've bought online have been a DVD - DivX conversion programme and Style XP.

In both instances, I've since wiped the hard drives and have had to request new activation numbers. The DivX guy is from Taiwan, doesn't speak terribly good English, but he supplied a new number straight away, some nine months after purchase.

I haven't tried Style XP yet, though I'm assured they're honourable, but I better hurry up as I bought it last June and I think after one year I have to pay again.

I don't actually use that DivX programme anymore, I found free software that does the job just as well, though not so simply. And I bought a DVD burner as well, so don't often need DivX anymore.

It all depends on the online vendor, really. If you're paying for a download and the software doesn't work, you're at risk, I suppose. But from what I've read, most online vendors appear to be honourable, word soon gets around if they're a rogue.

Reaction score
Hi
Big THANKS to the 2 members Floppybotstomp and Muckshifter for their replies to my question. I have since got a print out of 'sites of integrity' - a survey done by PCWorld mag
(albeit 2 years old, lol).
Although, Popcap wasn't mentioned , good or bad, we went ahead and bought the game from 'Real Arcade' and everything seems okay, so far.
It was that just a few months ago we had a bad experience of pc game shopping online and were just acting cautiously.
Hey, does this count as another post?
Another 7 then, and I can reply via personal messaging, too.
;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks to all who have replied to me.
I need some more posts (about 7) to enable private messaging, so hope this counts, lol

Last edited:

Ask a Question