POP3/SMTP - Hotmail

Reaction score
What is the POP3 / SMTP for Hotmail please?

I want to acess my Hotmail account from my ntlworld e-mail account. In other words set up a POP mail account.

Reaction score
Joe bloggs password > pop3 =ntlworld,com> smtp=ntlworld.com> (e-mail address removed) done

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you mean you want the pop3 settings for your Hotmail so they open in the same application as your NTL e-mails? (or is it the other way round?). If that's what you want to do then it isn't quite so straight forward as it used to be, and I don't think it is possible with free hotmail accounts - you can try adding an account in the Outlook/Outlook Express wizard using the http method and see if it works though :)

Reaction score
itsme said:
Joe bloggs password > pop3 =ntlworld,com> smtp=ntlworld.com> j.bloggs@etc done

No I meant the other way round = pop3=hotmail?? smtp= hotmail??

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express?

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Do you mean you want the pop3 settings for your Hotmail so they open in the same application as your NTL e-mails? (or is it the other way round?). If that's what you want to do then it isn't quite so straight forward as it used to be, and I don't think it is possible with free hotmail accounts - you can try adding an account in the Outlook/Outlook Express wizard using the http method and see if it works though :)

I would like the pop3 settings for my Hotmail so they open in the same application as my NTL e-mails please.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Following the add account Wizard in Outlook or OE may let you add hotmail using the HTTP method rather than POP3. Try tools > accounts and then just enter your e-mail address and password in the wizard and see what happens - I've not tried it myself.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Free email services like Hotmail don't have mail servers that you can plug into just any email client. They are typically web-only services.

Google's gmail can ... ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You definitely cant do that with Hotmail, i've tried, now i use thunderbird and Gmail. ;)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
If you want that facility you have to pay for it and upgrade your Hotmail account to the pro version then it lets you import automatically into any pop account...My friend has one and I set it up for him its very easy...:thumb:

Ask a Question