Pop up blocker won't turn off!!

marcy

I have to go to a site that gives me some info in a pop-up
form. I keep seeing that a popup blocker is blocking it
EVEN though I have it turned off in IE.

I'm confused!!!!!

Help please.

Don Varnau

Hi,
Do you have another pop-up blocker running? How about the Google toolbar?
Yahoo toolbar? Earthlink toolbar?

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Thomas Andersen

Hi,
You're welcome. Glad you found the guilty party. ;-)

Don

My problem is related to this on..... I am unable to turn the pop-up
blocker on! Everytime I check the box to turn it on and go back in,
it is unchecked again. I am also unable to turn it on in the status
bar.

I have checked and do not have any adware or viruses.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Don Varnau

Hi,
Your message headers indicate IE7 on XP, right?

These and other third-party programs can block registry changes related to
IE settings.Examine the settings of security/privacy/antispyware programs
for the option to lock the homepage, lock IE control panel, lock IE
settings, etc.

Spybot (Advanced Mode) Tools> IE Tweaks
Spybot- Teatimer
Ad-aware Pro
Norton AV 2006 (Web Browsing > Spyware protection)
McAfee AV or Antispyware
Spyware Blaster
Spysweeper
Zone Alarm- free and pro

You may be able to startup in Safe Mode (the antispyware/security program
won't be running) change the homepage then restart the computer. That won't
always work- an earlier version of Zone Alarm free had to be uninstalled-
not simply disabled.

315222 - A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP:

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Thomas Andersen said:
My problem is related to this on..... I am unable to turn the pop-up
blocker on! Everytime I check the box to turn it on and go back in,
it is unchecked again. I am also unable to turn it on in the status
bar.

I have checked and do not have any adware or viruses.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Hi,
You're welcome. Glad you found the guilty party. ;-)

Don

You were so right! Thanks very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you have another pop-up blocker running? How about the Google
toolbar? Yahoo toolbar? Earthlink toolbar?

hoodwillie

Hi,
You're welcome. Glad you found the guilty party. ;-)

You were so right! Thanks very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you have another pop-up blocker running? How about the Google toolbar?
Yahoo toolbar? Earthlink toolbar?- Hide quoted text -