Plustek 9630p Scanner

Sophie

Hi has anyone managed to get a Plustek 9630p Scanner to work with Windows XP
Pro?

The problem isn't drivers, it is that Windows XP Pro does not even find the
scanner sonnected to the printer port I tried before on a different computer
and thought that it was the computer that was at fault but I have a new
computer and still the same problem.
Thanks Sophie

gboado

Sophie said:
Look you need to read below CLEARLY STATES DOES
NOT SUPPORT XP
SEE LINK
http://www.plustek.com/download/fb9630p.htm

I knew that, I just wondered if anyone had managed to get it working or
found out why it would not work. After all there are some very clever people
out there.

Sophie

Well, I sort of did it... I have a 9630p and I found a driver that can
be installed in XP pro, but the behavior of the scanner is far from
good. Sometimes it works ok, sometimes the picture gets shifted,
either completely o by bands. Anyway, it.s better than nothing. I
could send you a copy of the driver if want.

Sophie

gboado said:
"Sophie" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Well, I sort of did it... I have a 9630p and I found a driver that can
be installed in XP pro, but the behavior of the scanner is far from
good. Sometimes it works ok, sometimes the picture gets shifted,
either completely o by bands. Anyway, it.s better than nothing. I
could send you a copy of the driver if want.

I have the driver that is not the problem. The problem is that according to
Win XP there is nothing there. no scanner, no nothing.So I have given up as
there does not seem to be a solution
Sophie