Plus! Themes

Lindsay

Normally, there is a folder in Program Files called Plus!. I've just done a
fresh install of XP (new hard drive) and it's missing. This is where I
normally put Classic style Themes. I have one for the Simpsons but now I
can't use it. Is there something I haven't installed? And no, this folder
has nothing to do with the Plus! pack. If I create a new folder called
Plus!, Windows ignores it. I haven't tried the Resource\Themes folder yet,
but that's because I never used it before.

James

Have you tried putting it in Windows/Resources/Themes.

Normally, there is a folder in Program Files called Plus!. I've just done a
fresh install of XP (new hard drive) and it's missing. This is where I
normally put Classic style Themes. I have one for the Simpsons but now I
can't use it. Is there something I haven't installed? And no, this folder
has nothing to do with the Plus! pack. If I create a new folder called
Plus!, Windows ignores it. I haven't tried the Resource\Themes folder yet,
but that's because I never used it before.

Kath Adams

Lindsay said:
Normally, there is a folder in Program Files called Plus!. I've just
done a fresh install of XP (new hard drive) and it's missing. This is
where I normally put Classic style Themes. I have one for the
Simpsons but now I can't use it. Is there something I haven't
installed? And no, this folder has nothing to do with the Plus! pack.
If I create a new folder called Plus!, Windows ignores it. I haven't
tried the Resource\Themes folder yet, but that's because I never used
it before.

It's separate program, you have to buy it. If this was on your PC when
you bought it originally, then it was probably installed by the seller
as an extra and doing a fresh install means it is gone.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/plus/PlusHome.asp

Kelly

Hi Lindsay,

If your previous XP installation was an upgrade, then yes it could have been
there. If not, then this was an add-on via the Plus CD which is a purchase
item.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Lindsay

No upgrade. And this folder is part of the XP installation and has nothing
to do with the Plus! pack. Yes, putting the theme into the Resource\Themes
folder does work, but that doesn't explain where the Program Files\Plus!
folder has gone. It should be there.

Vincent Xu [MSFT]

Hi Lindsay,

Thank you for posing here.

From your description I conclude that you haven't installed the program
named "Microsoft Plus SuperPack for Windows XP". You may install it first
in order to use those themes.

If you didn't have one, you may get it from our site below:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/plus/PlusHome.asp

Thank you for using MS Newsgroup.

Best regards,

Vincent Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.

This and other support options are available here:
BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx.

| From: "Kelly" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Plus! Themes
| Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 23:31:38 -0500
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
|
| Hi Lindsay,
|
| If your previous XP installation was an upgrade, then yes it could have
been
| there. If not, then this was an add-on via the Plus CD which is a
purchase
| item.
|
| --
|
| All the Best,
| Kelly (MS-MVP)
|
| Troubleshooting Windows XP
| http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
|

| | > Normally, there is a folder in Program Files called Plus!. I've just
done
| > a fresh install of XP (new hard drive) and it's missing. This is where
| > normally put Classic style Themes. I have one for the Simpsons but now
| > can't use it. Is there something I haven't installed? And no, this
folder
| > has nothing to do with the Plus! pack. If I create a new folder called
| > Plus!, Windows ignores it. I haven't tried the Resource\Themes folder
yet,
| > but that's because I never used it before.

Rock

Lindsay said:
No upgrade. And this folder is part of the XP installation and has nothing
to do with the Plus! pack. Yes, putting the theme into the Resource\Themes
folder does work, but that doesn't explain where the Program Files\Plus!
folder has gone. It should be there.

It's not part of a standard installation.