Please Help

Reaction score
I purchased a computer, I am not happy with it.
I need it for photography.
Asus K8S-MX
2.20 gig AMD athlon 64.
512 DDR ram
Nvidia GeForce FX5200
Maxtor 80 h/drive.

I went back to the shop and told them it was no better than my 5 year old machine. They told me to fit another 512 DDR ram and a second hard drive. They sold me the 512 memory for £50 and I fitted a 40 hard drive. It is still slower than my 5 year old machine.

I am not happy.

Any sujestions would be good.

Reaction score
If the product you purchased does not do the job/tasks it was purchased for, then you have a right to a full refund; did you explain what needs you required the computer for?

And welcome to the site.

;)

Reaction score
I prefer not to say the name of the firm I purchased it from.

It has no name on the comuter, the firm build computers, I told them what I wanted the computer for, mainly photography.
They have changed the cpu from a Duran to an athlon and the motherboard. I asked for a better motherboard but they said this one would be fine and I would be pleased with it.
I think it might be faulty possibly.
My old computer loads a cd with photo`s on much faster than this computer.
My microphone will not work on this new one but works ok on my old one, it is also noisy on start up.

Reaction score
take it back to the shop along with your old PC and show them the difference in performance, if that does not convince them then demand a full refund.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
When you say this PC is slow, in which respect do you mean? If you are just loading photos to display, a new PC won't be much faster than an old one - as its not a challenging task.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
That is a "cheap" Asus "all-in-one" motherboard with an SiS intrigrated video chipset ... even Asus make 'cheap' MBs, they have to.

Why did they 'fit' a FX5200 card? ... did they disable onboard graphic ram sharing?

Whole system cost around £200

Reaction score
Are you technical enough to tell me what they should have sold me?

If I am armed with what I should have been sold, such as a 939 motherboard, I will be able to sujest this to them and see if they will change whatever is necessary.
Obviously I will expect to pay.

Reaction score
w.bishop said:

If I am armed with what I should have been sold, such as a 939 motherboard, I will be able to sujest this to them and see if they will change whatever is necessary.

That is a "cheap" Asus "all-in-one" motherboard with an SiS intrigrated video chipset ... even Asus make 'cheap' MBs, they have to.

Why did they 'fit' a FX5200 card? ... did they disable onboard graphic ram sharing?

Whole system cost around £200

Yep Mucks is that:thumb: With no doubts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Was that price including a monitor? If so, what type?

Reaction score
w.bishop said:
I have paid £390.00 a lot of money for me being a pensioner.

WOW Thats a lot for what you have:eek: as mucks said £200.00.> Go and get a refund and BYO there enough of us here to help that way you save £££££££££££;)

muckshifter

Reaction score
w.bishop said:

Yes ... but what did you ask for? what was your budget? What you have is a NON-upgradable system that is called "entry level" sutiable for Internet browsing, email, (subject to Internet conection), wordprocessing and general computer stuff. Handy for storing your pics & clips ... bit skimpy on the HD and 512 is a standard amount of ram. Should be quick enough. However, it is not a 'games' system.

If I had built you a system it would have cost you £650 ... you don't get an argument off me, you pay or go away. ;)

muckshifter

Reaction score
w.bishop said:
They said it would be better for grafics, so I beleived them.
Apples and apples ... I quite like the FX5200, good all round card ... but it ain't that much better than the one already on the motherboard.

Although we recommend avoiding onboard graphics is to be expected from something this cheap.

;)

muckshifter

Reaction score
w.bishop said:
To muckshifter I am not looking for a argument just help.
You missunderstand me

If you came into my shop ... expext to pay £650 ... but you would not get a crappy system, and I would certainly try and find out what you need it to do.

:D

Ask a Question