PLEASE HELP! WINXP

Eddie Sorenson

**NEW**
I am running Windows XP Pro on my laptop. The computer
will not boot into windows. I constantly receive a blue
screen with the following error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
Technical Information: ***STOP: 0x0000000A (0xf000e987,
0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x807cd90e)

AND I am also getting the following error in a blue screen:
***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00001656, 0x00000002, 0x00000000,
0x804f0406)

Is this a hardware problem? I tried everything (restore,
reinstall, etc.), and I still cannot boot into windows.
Please help.

Here is a helpful link ( I tried all of the steps to no
avail!!!):

us;314063&Product=winxp

Adam Turner

Hi Eddie,

Sounds like an IRQ conflict that is hardware related. You can try holding down the control key(Ctrl) while the computer is booting and it will give you start-up options. Try booting into safe mode and having a look around.

Safe mode bypasses the registry in the event that it is registry related.

If all else fails, attempt to run a repair from the recovery console.
**NEW**
I am running Windows XP Pro on my laptop. The computer
will not boot into windows. I constantly receive a blue
screen with the following error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
Technical Information: ***STOP: 0x0000000A (0xf000e987,
0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x807cd90e)

AND I am also getting the following error in a blue screen:
***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00001656, 0x00000002, 0x00000000,
0x804f0406)

Is this a hardware problem? I tried everything (restore,
reinstall, etc.), and I still cannot boot into windows.
Please help.

Here is a helpful link ( I tried all of the steps to no
avail!!!):

us;314063&Product=winxp

Eddie

I tried all this. Is it a hardware problem? I can't even
get into the recovery console. Any other suggestions????
Sounds like an IRQ conflict that is hardware related. You
can try holding down the control key(Ctrl) while the
computer is booting and it will give you start-up options.
Try booting into safe mode and having a look around.
Safe mode bypasses the registry in the event that it is registry related.

If all else fails, attempt to run a repair from the recovery console.
"Eddie Sorenson" <[email protected]>