    the bios it showing primary and new 5oogb as slave drive. Then I try clean
    installing os again. After finish installing when try to restart its prompt
    NTLDR IS MISSING. I don't know what to do now someone please help me.

    mia vai, May 8, 2009

  2. mia vai

    Leythos Guest

    You need to format your hard drive and reinstall windows.

    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"
    (remove 999 for proper email address)

    Leythos, May 8, 2009

  3. mia vai

    Malke Guest

    Leythos wrote:

    > You need to format your hard drive and reinstall windows.

    Creep. We all know it's you, Chris.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP
    Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

    Malke, May 9, 2009
  4. mia vai

    Malke Guest

    mia vai wrote:

    > Hi I'm having problem with my sony vaio desktop. Two month ago I put 500gb
    > hd as slave drive a professional comp. Tec install it. That hdd was
    > showing up as new volume. It?s been working good until last week. It got
    > virus and
    > crash. Then I did the clean install XP os from recovery cd. Old os was
    > XP before crash. After install xp it did not showing up slave drive on MY
    > COMPUTER. It went back to brand new computer how I bought from store. But
    > on the bios it showing primary and new 5oogb as slave drive. Then I try
    > clean installing os again. After finish installing when try to restart its
    > prompt NTLDR IS MISSING. I don't know what to do now someone please help
    > me.

    The person posting as "Leythos" is a troll. Ignore him.

    I am not sure what exactly is going on with your computer. Disconnect the
    slave drive and restore to factory condition again. Then post back and tell
    us if everything is working OK. Leave the slave drive disconnected until
    you know your computer is working fine as it came from the factory.

    Malke

    Malke, May 9, 2009
  5. mia vai

    Leythos Guest

    Re: please help me. slave drive not showing up - Another Impersonation

    In article <2A2Nl.9294$>,
    says...
    > From: "Leythos" <>
    > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics
    > Subject: Re: please help me. slave drive not showing up
    > Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 15:43:00 -0700
    >
    > You need to format your hard drive and reinstall windows.

    Well Chris and his sock are still impersonating me - The headers prove
    that I (Leythos) did not post the above statement. Abuse reported to
    Teranews.

    Leythos, May 9, 2009
  6. mia vai

    mia vai Guest

    Yes my computer is working fine as it came from factory after I disconnect
    the slave drive. But when I restart my computer its prompt boot from cd .
    Then I put windows xp cd. Computer work fine without slave drive. But I need
    my 500 gb hard drive to work . My original hard drive is only 7.79gb left
    after put os xp.

    mia vai, May 9, 2009
  7. mia vai

    Malke Guest

    mia vai wrote:

    > Yes my computer is working fine as it came from factory after I disconnect
    > the slave drive. But when I restart my computer its prompt boot from cd .
    > Then I put windows xp cd. Computer work fine without slave drive. But I
    > need my 500 gb hard drive to work . My original hard drive is only 7.79gb
    > left after put os xp.

    OK, we seem to have a bit of a language problem here. Are you saying that
    when you have the slave drive connected, Windows will not boot unless you
    have the XP CD in the drive? If this is the case, check your boot priority
    order in the BIOS and put the hard drive (Drive 0, not Drive 1) first.

    Malke

    Malke, May 9, 2009
  8. http://pcbutts1.com/downloads/ngtrolls.htm

    your time.

    The Real Truth [MS MVP], May 9, 2009
  9. mia vai

    mia vai Guest

    As you told me disconnect the slave drive and restore the factory condition
    again. I disconnect the slave drive and restore the factory condition again.
    I left slave drive disconnected. I restart the computer its prompt insert
    system disk. I insert the system recovery c.d. After finish restoring system
    its prompt successfully restore system to start press any key. I press enter
    key but my computer did not start . It prompts “DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT
    SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTERâ€

    mia vai, May 10, 2009
  10. mia vai

    Malke Guest

    mia vai wrote:

    > As you told me disconnect the slave drive and restore the factory
    > condition again. I disconnect the slave drive and restore the factory
    > condition again. I left slave drive disconnected. I restart the computer
    > its prompt insert
    > system disk. I insert the system recovery c.d. After finish restoring
    > system
    > its prompt successfully restore system to start press any key. I press
    > enter key but my computer did not start . It prompts ?DISK BOOT FAILURE,
    > INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER?

    It sounds to me like you've got your boot priority wrong, but I'll be honest
    with you - I can't go further with this since I can't see the computer and
    it's really unclear to me what the state of your computer is. Have a
    knowledgeable friend or computer professional take a look.

    Sorry that I was unable to help you.

    Malke

    Malke, May 11, 2009
  11. mia vai

    mia vai Guest

    Thank you all. I fixed my computer with your help. I put back my primary and
    slave drive and reinstall xp . Computer work fine just like brand new
    computer except, on my computer property showing up 3 drives. Drive A drive D
    and drive e. I assume drive E is slave drive. Drive e showing up only 127 gb
    but it suppose to be 500 gb. Could u please tell me what I did wrong . I
    relay appreciate your help. Thank you

    mia vai, May 16, 2009