Pictures rotate clockwise / counter clockwise troubleshoot

Stephen J. Spencer

For some odd reason, when I right-click on a thumbnail in a folder to rotate
it clockwise or counter clockwise, the action fails to follow. Neither the
thumbnail, nor the actual picture is rotated. In other words, although the
rotate clockwise or counter clockwise appear as options in the right-click
menu, they are ineffective. Any ideas on a remedy? I use Windows XP Media
Center edition.

Thanks.

Frankster

Any chance you are attempting this on a write protected disk, such as a CD?

-Frank

Stephen J. Spencer

I should have made things clearer - I apologize. The pictures are all
located on my hard drive. The only way I have found to rotate a picture is
to load it up in one of the more "conventional" applications (e.g. Paint),
rotate it from within it, and then save the file. Too cumbersome.

Alias~-

Stephen said:
For some odd reason, when I right-click on a thumbnail in a folder to rotate
it clockwise or counter clockwise, the action fails to follow. Neither the
thumbnail, nor the actual picture is rotated. In other words, although the
rotate clockwise or counter clockwise appear as options in the right-click
menu, they are ineffective. Any ideas on a remedy? I use Windows XP Media
Center edition.

Thanks.

What did you do (i.e., install a program) or was done before you had
this problem?

Alias

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Hi Stephen,

See if this helps.

Unable to rotate images in thumbnail or filmstrip view:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articl...te-images-in-thumbnail-or-filmstrip-view.html

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

"Stephen J. Spencer" <spencersj[at]gmail[dot]com> wrote in message
I should have made things clearer - I apologize. The pictures are all
located on my hard drive. The only way I have found to rotate a picture is
to load it up in one of the more "conventional" applications (e.g. Paint),
rotate it from within it, and then save the file. Too cumbersome.

Timothy Daniels

That helped me, too. Thanks, Ramesh. These
"undocumented" procedures can be aggravating.

*TimDaniels*