pictures not showing

Ultan Byrne

Sometimes, in IE 6.0, no pictures appear on a web page.
This applies to both gif and jpeg files.
The "show pictures" option is switched on in internet
options and encoding is set to auto-select.
I used to have to reboot the machine to rectify it but I
have discovered that if I...
- Turn auto-select off
- refresh the page
- Turn auot-select back on
The page automatically refresehes and the pictures are
showing. However, if I refresh the page again or link to
another page, the problem comes back and I have to re-do
the fix procedure.
I don't know the exact scenario when this problem happens
and so I can't recreate it at will. I use Outlook 9.0 as
well.

-

Don,

Thanks very much. One of these should be able to pinpoint
the problem.

Ultan
221134 - Some Images, Contents, or Controls May Not Be Displayed When
Viewing a Web Page: http://support.microsoft.com/? kbid=221134
283807 - Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807

Other possibilities at http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm
and
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#jpg_gif

Don
--
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
d.varnau[at]lycos[dot]com

.