Pictures not showing in IE6

Don Leckie

Hello,

After 2 days of tinkering around, I need to ask for some help. In IE6
pictures are not showing in the web pages. Buttons and icons do show. I
have the following picture related settings in the Internt Options Avance
tab's Multimedia section:
Show image download placeholders: disabled
Show pictures: enabled
Smart image dithering: enabled

Popup blocking is disabled.

In Outlook Express's Options window Security tab Block Pictures is disabled.

Office Outlook 2003's Options window Security tab Don't Download Pictures is
disabled.

Any ideas where else to look?

Thank you,
Don

Taurarian

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807
Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=817177
Image Files Do Not Appear When You View a Web Page with Internet Explorer 6
SP1

Pictures do not appear as expected, or you receive an error message when you open an
HTML file on a Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer
You receive a script error message when you view the HTML file in a Windows-based
program. You receive an ActiveX error message when you view the HTML file in a
Windows-based program. When you open the HTML file in Microsoft Internet Explorer,
pictures do not appear the way that you expect.

Don Leckie

Hello,

Thank you for your help. It looks like a ZoneAlarm Pro issue. I turned off
ZoneAlarm Pro and the pictures appeared.

Thank you,
Don

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Don,

I see that the problem has been fixed using Taurarian's advice. The site below covers the other possibilities for the "No picture" / "Red X" issues: http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/redx.htm

Hope you'll find the information useful.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Hello,

Thank you for your help. It looks like a ZoneAlarm Pro issue. I turned off
ZoneAlarm Pro and the pictures appeared.

Thank you,
Don

Don Leckie

Hi Ramesh,

Thank you. I tried the suggestions in your link, but still no success. I
turned off Add Blocking and Cookie control in ZoneAlarmPro, but it had no
effect. I'm going check the ZoneAlarm site for any clues.

Thank you again,
Don

Don,

I see that the problem has been fixed using Taurarian's advice. The site
below covers the other possibilities for the "No picture" / "Red X" issues:
http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/redx.htm

Hope you'll find the information useful.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

Hello,

Thank you for your help. It looks like a ZoneAlarm Pro issue. I turned off
ZoneAlarm Pro and the pictures appeared.

Thank you,
Don

Don Leckie

Hi Ramesh,

I'm okay now. I went into ZoneAlarmPro to the Privacy Sites tab. I added
ebay.com and allowed Web Bugs. That fixed it. I haven't had to do that
before, that's what's strange.

Thank you for your help,
Don

Don,

I see that the problem has been fixed using Taurarian's advice. The site
below covers the other possibilities for the "No picture" / "Red X" issues:
http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/redx.htm

Hope you'll find the information useful.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

Hello,

Thank you for your help. It looks like a ZoneAlarm Pro issue. I turned off
ZoneAlarm Pro and the pictures appeared.

Thank you,
Don

ryant

Don said:
Hi Ramesh,

I'm okay now. I went into ZoneAlarmPro to the Privacy Sites tab.
added
ebay.com and allowed Web Bugs. That fixed it. I haven't had to d
that
before, that's what's strange.

Thank you for your help,
Don

"Taurarian" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message
[...]

Pictures
is disabled.

Any ideas where else to look?

Thank you,
Don
-
-

i try all those remedies fro months and none fix it this is whay fix i
for me

i went to c /windows/system32/driver/etc then on host right clic
properties and uncheck the ready only then open host with notepad an
delete everything under
127.0.01 local host and walla problem fix now you can see all images..
http://www.ozzu.com/ftopic30428.htm

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Thanks for the feedback Don.

--