picture graphics won't display on page

G

I created my home page inserting picture graphics. All were saved as gif. All could be viewed on the page in the program, and also on a web brouser under "view as a web page". When I opened my website folder, I noticed I had saved all of the picture files to that folder instead of the "images" folder. I followed the directions in the office assistant and "cut" each file and pasted it into the images folder. Fine. When I opened my home page....All of the graphic images had been replaced by little boxes with red x's in them. The clip art is fine. Just the graphic images were affected. Clearly the pictures still reside there, but I can't see them! I have tried everthing to restore them. Please help!

T

Thomas A. Rowe

You need to save the images from a image application to your desktop, then import them into your
current open FP web, then insert them on your page, etc.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

Kim said:
I created my home page inserting picture graphics. All were saved as gif. All could be viewed on
the page in the program, and also on a web brouser under "view as a web page". When I opened my
website folder, I noticed I had saved all of the picture files to that folder instead of the
"images" folder. I followed the directions in the office assistant and "cut" each file and pasted it
into the images folder. Fine. When I opened my home page....All of the graphic images had been
replaced by little boxes with red x's in them. The clip art is fine. Just the graphic images were
affected. Clearly the pictures still reside there, but I can't see them! I have tried everthing to
restore them. Please help!

R

Ronx

The cut and paste destroyed the links between the pages and the images -
files should be dragged within FrontPage to maintain links.

In folder view, select all the images and drag them to their original
location (where they were cut from). If you check in a browser they should
now all be visible again.
Again in folder view, select all the images, and drag them into the images
folder. The links should be maintained. (However, your efforts to restore
the links may stop this restoration from working).

If this fails, View - Reports - Problems - Hyperlinks [FP2003] will show
all the broken links, and you can repair them from that screen by
double-clicking the broken link and following the dialogues.
--
Ron
Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.

Kim said:
I created my home page inserting picture graphics. All were saved as gif.
All could be viewed on the page in the program, and also on a web brouser
under "view as a web page". When I opened my website folder, I noticed I had
saved all of the picture files to that folder instead of the "images"
folder. I followed the directions in the office assistant and "cut" each
file and pasted it into the images folder. Fine. When I opened my home
page....All of the graphic images had been replaced by little boxes with red
x's in them. The clip art is fine. Just the graphic images were affected.
Clearly the pictures still reside there, but I can't see them! I have tried
everthing to restore them. Please help!

G

i have had a problem with images. i think you should either copy them back to their original folder(as suggested earlier) or restore them from a backup (always do backups !) then use an image editor to 'save as' the images to the image folder in your web. after that delete each image on the web pages and reinsert it from scatch with the insert image icon. this worked for me. hope it helps, Kleo

Ask a Question