Phone log in Business Contact Manager

G

Hi,
I have Outlook 2003 w/Business Contact Manager installed. Is there any way to use the Business Contact form to place calls, and have the Business Contact Log form generated instead of the Outlook Journal Entry form? The Business Contact Log form must be generated in order for the form to appear in the Business Contact History window.

On a related issue, I notice there is no "Link to History" functionality in the Outlook Journal Entry form, like there is in the Message and Task forms. And, of course, there's no way to drag/drop Outlook Journal objects into the Business Contact History window, like you can do for email, tasks, and appointments/meetings. Is this just a major oversight, to be corrected in the next release, or something MS decided not to implement?

Also, when you do use the Business Phone Log by manually generating an event from the "Add" feature of the Business Contact History, the form does not allow direct user entry in the Phone Log Start or Duration fields. The fields can only be accessed by starting the timer. The resulting values are then locked, cannot be edited. So, if you wanted to enter a phone item retroactively, there is no way to enter the start time or duration. Of course, this is totally different behavior than the Outlook Journal form.

G

Hi,
I have Outlook 2003 w/BCM installed. Is there any way to use the BC form to place calls, and have the Business Contact Log form generated instead of the Outlook Journal Entry form? The BC Log form must be generated in order for the form to appear in the Business Contact History window.

On a related issue, I notice there is no "Link to History" functionality in the Outlook Journal Entry form, like there is in the Message and Task forms. And, of course, there's no way to drag/drop Outlook Journal objects into the BC History window, like you can do for email, tasks, and appointments/meetings. Is this just a major oversight, to be corrected in the next release, or something MS decided not to implement?

Also, when you do use the Business Phone Log by manually generating an event from the "Add" feature of the Business Contact History, the form does not allow direct user entry in the Phone Log Start or Duration fields. The fields can only be accessed by starting the timer. The resulting values are then locked, cannot be edited. So, if you wanted to enter a phone item retroactively, there is no way to enter the start time or duration. Of course, this is totally different behavior than the Outlook Journal form.

Ask a Question