Permanently deleted or moving a file

G

Is there any way to permanently keep a file folder from going into "My Pictures" list??? I have pictures set up for a slideshow that serves as my screen saver. Every time I check email (AOL) and there is a graphic in that email, it gets saved (???) into a file folder in Documents, My Pictures that is title "Pictures Downloaded From AOL" with a subfolder titled "Saved From Mail". I have deleted that file folder over and over again...yet when I check email with graphics, there it is again!

I just want that file folder to NOT go into my slideshow pictures. How can I reroute it or stop it altogether? Don't know if this is an AOL deal or a Windows XP deal? HELP please...

Kim

G

i don't have a solution or explanation as to why pictures from your e-mail are being automatically saved (that shouldn't happen at all without you physically saving it!), but in the meantime, try setting up a subfolder in My Pictures for the pictures you want displayed as your screensaver runs! Logically, that should prevent the automatically saved pix from interfering with your screensaver program until you resolve the auto-saving issue! good luck.

Ask a Question