PDF files reset IE

MadLatvian

When I use Adobe Acrobat to view PDF's and then close the
PDF it causes an error and restarts IE. What do I have set
wrong? Help, please.

Thanks!

*Vanguard*

MadLatvian said in news:[email protected]:
When I use Adobe Acrobat to view PDF's and then close the
PDF it causes an error and restarts IE. What do I have set
wrong? Help, please.

Thanks!

Is this for version 6 of Acrobat Reader? I don't know what they changed in the BHO (brower helper object) but it is not as robust or compatible as it was for version 5. I've seen it crash IE, hang IE, never open the document, and other behavior. The solutions that I've seen are:

- Uninstall version 6 and go back to version 5.

- Disable the option within Acrobat Reader to open the PDF within the browser's window (so the downloaded PDF will open in a separate window which is Acrobat Reader's window). That's how I eventually got Acrobat Reader 6 working reliably.

shaunb

i have got the exact main problem, but with running adobe
5. it only crashes when i open a pdf from a website. the
following error message occurs

The instruction at "0x0c11a173" referenced memory
at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

Click OK to termiante.
Click Cancel to debug.

any ideas anyone?

Any help would be wel appreciated.